Sunday, February 21, 2010

Februaries

You know that primary meeting I didn't want to go to. Well during the meeting part of it, the Primary president read part of Teach Ye Diligently, by Boyd K. Packer I could only hear part of what she was saying, because my baby was crying off and on, but she something to the effect of. Come February after a long winter many people think something is wrong with them. They have a bad case of the Februaries, and if they can just make it to spring, they'll realize all is well again. I think my entire house has a bad case of Februaries, even my kids, but probably me the worst. As my husband sat curled up in the recliner under a blanket it we agreed we both have a bad case of the Februaries, which makes it hard for anyone to take care of the other. I know if I can just get to spring life will be fine, the kids and I can spend all day outside, playing, going for walks, going to the farm, and at the playground, even if I don't cook dinner once during the entire summer we will survive just fine soaking up the vitamin D watching cute baby legs pop out of onesies. I just don't know how I'll survive until spring.... tv anyone?!
Anyone else suffer from the Februaries?

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm still recovering from January. That month is TRAUMATICALLY LOOOOOONG. (At least February is short.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need January to be long to recover from the holidays especially all the homemade things I made over the last 4 months. But once the birthdays are over in my house, February has to be short or I might not survive until spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this doesn't help right now, but when you come time to buy a house, get a sliding glass door. As I sit here and type, I almost feel as if I am outside on the patio (almost, except it is snowing and cold, and I am dry and warm). It helps me tons. I know that this doesn't help you today, but someday maybe it will :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sliding door, we keep the blinds completely open all day, to maximize sun exposure.

    ReplyDelete