Monday, October 4, 2010

Sad

If my photo drive was hooked up to the computer, I would post a super cute picture of J and his friend.  But just pretend you can see it.  J's friend's mom is the Resident Manager, I guess was.  She was just laid off. Her husband told us a few more details than the notice on our door.  But needless to say we felt awful.  The father has health problems, and this is the family's only job.  I feel terrible for their kids who have to abruptly move. As we ate dinner, the boys shared giggles blissfully unaware of the eminent separation, while Brent and I shared discouraged worried silent looks. After the initial shock, I thought about the repeated messaged shared yesterday, there is no need to judge.  We don't know the whole story, so why judge?  It is not first time we have gotten a termination notice on our door about an employee of our rental agency.  Last time I heard some gossip, and I now all I can think is, who am I to judge?  I don't have the whole story.  Whether I do or not, each person is someone's son, someone's brother, someone's mother, daughter, sister, friend.  Whether they actually did something wrong or not, there are people out there who love them and don't want people talking about them, they just want to move on with life.  I fail miserably but I want to live by the quote President Monson shared from Mother Teresa, "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
Brent and I move so much, we label different rentals by the lessons learned, and experience lived.  Here I feel like I'm in a refiners fire to learn Charity.  Charity is not always the easiest lesson learned, I'll tell you the truth, I not someone that naturally experiences charity.  I often question people's choices, and get frustrated, but I'm working at it.  And when I have looked at the soul of a person, I have been blessed to the goodness of souls.
Finally, I feel bad that J has yet another friend moving, but I feel worse for two kids moving.  Especially because they have connected with Primary teachers here, and have been blessed with gospel in walking distance.
At the sake of sounding like an annoying optimist, I will say, the blessing for them, is being surrounded by friends that love them tonight.  Many people have been coming up to her all evening, carrying a look of sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment