Friday, January 7, 2011

Shoes

Clearly based on my last post, I was going a little nutty in life, especially when it comes to money.  I guess that is what $40,000 does to my mental budging.  That the total cost of my husband's MBA, I know its not the most expensive program out there, but still not cheap.
Well on Wednesday after I wrote that post the kids and I went out with some friends and we lost Nan's shoe, I was so furious, fuming for a long time.  But then with a few phone calls I tracked it down.  Once we found it I realized woah, I have gone psycho with my mental perception of money. I did a little writing therapy that night and realized where I've gone wrong and what I need to do to fix my thoughts.  
The long and short of all of this, is I think a need a blog sabbatical. I need an internet cleanse.  Although I find it oddly liberating to hang my dirty laundry out for all the world I need some personal journal writing therapy not post for the whole world wide web therapy. Maybe when I come back I'll have switched blogs.  I think I need to re-invent my blog. I don't want therapy blog, I also don't like have political posts anymore, even though I loved those when I started.  Maybe its time to go truly to a mommy blog/family blog.  I won't go away forever.  Just a week or a month or long or something shorter. Maybe I'll blame it on Shannon for her Jess post, but that wouldn't be fair. I've been thinking about it for a while that I need to get back to personal pen on paper for my personal posts. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Noooooo! Not my Jess post! LOL. Are you saying it was too personal and made you think you shouldn't be personal or because I talk about journal writing? I like your personal posts, but I understand the hesitation. Mine has become a lot less therapy-like, but that's because I'm more aware who reads it and it has made me self-conscious. I wish I could still be more candid on there, but I can't. I don't necessarily want my ward members and in-laws reading it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to post comments on your blog. This darn thing doesn't let me...oh, never mind it worked this time.

    Just as you decide to quit blogging is when I decide to come back to blogging. Life is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who will I laugh at if you don't post anymore? :) Life is so serious lately. I really need to start writing in my journal again too.

    ReplyDelete