- I use to love buying things, I loved walking out the store with bags of new things, now when I buy stuff I feel guilty.
- I want to upgrade to blu rays on Netflix but I'm having a hard time justifying the extra $2. But they are so nice looking on my tv, and I don't pay for cable.
- About once a year I get the itch to buy new carseats, my husband stomps that out, he has no need to buy new carseats. Why I do is beyond me?
- Whenever my husband shows me something he wants, I say, if you think we can afford it, get it. Then when he doesn't buy it I feel bad, and wonder if I should buy it for him. I don't buy it for him. Unless I say no, before he finishes his sentence.
- I don't like people buying my family stuff, I like to feel independent, but then when I hear about people who never have to buy stuff for their kids because other people do, I think that is really awesome.
- I think I had decided to adopt my cousin in law's budget of $40 a month for crafts, some months I spend more some I spend less. I want to be a budget so $40 is my cap, if I don't spend it, it doesn't roll over.
- I have a lot of things I want to save up for, so that is why the neflix $2 extra is hard.
- I am tore between thinking I deserve to dress fashionable and thinking my life will survive quite fine if I go without out. Think the conference talk about the father who went without a new suit so he could send his son a mission, and the mother who got a part time job. Ok, so I'm not saving to put my son on a mission, but a little doing without never hurt anyone.
- I don't have a full time job, or a part time job. Sometimes I consider it, but right now, its a wrong time. I know all about jobs stay at home mom's have, but right now I that is not my stage of life. Maybe some day.
- I always tell my husband I'm going to tape a picture of what we are saving up for on my wallet, so I'm less likely to pull out my credit card. But like I said sometimes I think I deserve what I want to buy. I'm always torn between a deserving conceit and guilt. I think I need to find a middle ground.
- Sometimes I get mad at my children if they break a toy I just spent money on. Even though my children't would never purposely break something. I hate spending money on something that turns out to be junk.
- That is one of my fears in life wasting my money.
- My dream is to be as cool as the cow gravy boat giver guy, that doesn't mean anything to any of you, other than my husband.
- I often wonder how many times my husband and I are going to talk to real estate agents, and mortgage brokers, before we decided houses have dropped enough in price. We are currently not talking to any, I just wonder so far we are up to three times. Thank goodness we have always left our agents high and dry, and we are not underwater.
- One of my brothers use to always ask me if he had a ton in savings, since we were cheap or frugal. I said no, we didn't. I'm not convince not spending gets you any closer to anything. I always feel broke, and people that spend never seem to feel broke.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
A few money things about me
A few things about me: