Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Funny Things

A few funny things my 4 and half year old son has said lately:
  1. "How many kids are there?"  I will admit it took us awhile to figure out what question meant.  He explained  with, "How many kids will come out of your belly?"  (He and I talk from time to time about future babies that will grace our family, but he knows there are no babies in the eminent future.)
  2. After looking at a picture of Adam and Eve, he asked, "Who lived when the dinosaurs lived?"  (I thought that was a pretty good question for a four year old.)
  3. After showing his friend his Christmas ornament for this year (a marshmallow s'more dressed up like santa holding "the good list") he said, "It means I'm not not getting an present."  His friend said huh?  J repeated himself, his friend said huh?  He said "I'm getting a present, saying I'm not not getting a present means I AM getting a present."  His friend still said huh?  Some how J learned about double negatives, but his friend hasn't picked up that grammar lesson.

1 comment:

  1. DOUBLE NEGATIVES!!!! HAHAHAHAHA. I love 4 year olds. Those are some great memories you'll be happy to have later.

    ReplyDelete