Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh what to do what to do

About once a week in the evening, Nan tells me she has to go potty, then climbs on and off the potty for at least 20 minutes if not more.  Refusing to put on diaper.  She has wanted to be potty trained since August, but with preschool I just haven't had time.  But we are on break, should I potty train her on Friday?
She wants it so badly, and even though I hate buying diapers, I don't think I'm ready.
I would much rather wait after vacation.  Does 2011 sound like a better time to potty train than 2010?
What to do, what to do?
The first time I potty trained, I woke up one morning and said tomorrow is the day, after I had all the supplies for months.  Now I have all the supplies, I'm just waiting for that morning, to think tomorrow is the day.  Do you think thanksgiving is the day I should wake up and say tomorrow is the day?
The other problem is even though she has been sitting on the potty since summer, she has never actually pottied in it, she has only once gone of the floor.  She has the badder of a mammoth.
I've never potty trained a small bladder, but I think small bladder kids pick it up easier because they have more practice.  But once the big bladder understands, then its great. As it my daughter only pees a few times in the morning, that means we have three accidents then nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment