Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorite Color

When I was in late elementary school, I remember sleeping over Shannon's house.  While there, we designed my room.  My favorite colors were green and purple, and we came up with all these WIERD designs for each wall. It was so great, but my mom wasn't so enthusiastic
She did let me design and paint my room, but not with bright/bold purple and green, strips and polka dots.  Instead we picked out a pale purple.  I totally don't expect Shannon to remember this, the story isn't even about the room.  The point is I remember being 10ish and loving the colors purple and green.  After all these years, they are still my favorite colors, although not paired together.  I love green and have a ton of green design in my house, but yet I hate that green is popular.  I feel like there are all these fair weather greens fans destroying my favorite color.  I love to wear purple, and dread the day true purple is replaced with lilac in fashion. I hate pastels.
My husband thinks my favorite color is pink, and no matter how many times I tell him other wise, he does not believe.  Like I said, I don't like pastels, so I put my daughter in a lot of hot pink, since pink is her favorite color.  I still try to get plenty of purple in her wardrobe, sometimes she is more in agreement then others.
What I wear the most is a white tee, with blue jeans, I have an embarrassing amount of white tees in my closet. But my favorite colors are green and purple and I assume they will aways stay in my heart, since they have always been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment