Monday, November 15, 2010

Change of a mind?

During my 45 minute drive home, I was thinking, I need to get over myself, especially pride.  I grateful I didn't buy a house two years ago.  I know it was for the best, and have no complaints.  Although my husband and I both share some complaints about our apartment. I decided to get over myself, and accept my current place, instead of "sitting the in the waiting place, the most useless place".  Not to mention I'm pretty positive if we decided to buy a house when my husband graduates it will be way nicer than the ones we were looking at.
Then I went to pick my kid up from preschool.  Another mom asked me if I lived in that neighborhood.  I said no, told her were we live, and then found myself saying we live in apartment to save money while my husband does his MBA.  Afterward I thought, why the heck do I feel the need to explain myself. I contemplated this while I finally cleaned my bathrooms. I decided its not because I need to explain my financial decisions, but because I don't really want people think J's parents are deadbeats.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this too. I often feel like I want to explain myself to people. To prove to them that what I'm doing with my life is a temporary step I'm taking to someplace else. I HATE it when people make assumptions about me. Hate, hate, hate it. I guess I feel like if I explain myself they will have less to "assume". It's a silly thing to do, yet I find myself doing it often.

    ReplyDelete