Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Post

I tweeted that I wasn't going to do a obligatory thanksgiving post. Normally I do, because I want to record what I'm thankful for for posterity, in my blog book, but this year I chose a different venue.
I still want to say what I am most thankful for this year... that I'm not pregnant.
Let me explain.
All I could think about this thanksgiving was two years ago, when I was near the end of a very LONG pregnancy.  I was grateful to be pregnant, and that it was looking like it was going to be full term baby.  (You never really can fully appreciate a full term pregnancy unless you have a bad pregnancy, a preterm baby, a miscarriage, etc. I had the bad pregnancy that I was convinced was going to come early.)
So I was glad to be near the end of a long pregnancy, I was glad to be pregnant with my baby girl, but it was a very miserable holiday for me.  I had no room for any food in my stomach, and ate seconds, yes a bad decision. So I laid on the couch at my sister in law's, uncomfortable for the whole rest of the day wondering why I wasn't at home.  So I'm grateful, I am not pregnant.
I'm sure there are many who are grateful to be pregnant this holiday, but I was not one of them. I was glad to sit on a hard bench and snack and stuff my face, chatting pleasantly with my sister in laws.
I saw a extremely cute newborn today, she was one the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.  But boy was I grateful that it was just my stomach, I was feeding this holiday.
P.S. I wish I had some real cute thanksgiving day pictures to post, but instead I left my camera on my desk.  Maybe if I'm really lucky, Becky will email me some.

1 comment:

  1. I blogged Thanksgiving finally! 200 pictures and only a few of them were worth keeping and sharing.

    ReplyDelete