Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vacation Part 1

A week ago my husband woke up and said do you want to go to the grand canyon on Sunday. I didn't know if he was serious. This is the type of guy a married, all of sudden we are up and gone. We decided the grand canyon was too far. So Sunday afternoon we found ourselves camping at the Green River. We had so much fun. And now I'm thinking longingly about owning river front property on the green river.
The baby loved the water, the big brother thought it was a little cold for his taste, and stayed out but threw lots of rocks.
Monday morning when we woke up, the baby decided to show off her new crawling skill. This is how my son babysat his sister while we were taking the tent down.
I felt like I was in a box canyon. It wasn't really since a river was running though it, it just looked like that. I felt like I was in the middle of an old western. Lots were filmed in the bottom half of the state so... I watched on one time with my dad I think, about a box canyon with a cave full of gold. Minus the river this is exactly what the set looked like. Apparently my husband had a relative who claimed the same thing. Although maybe my father in law was just pulling my husband's leg.

2 comments:

  1. Gold! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the difference between being married to a Huntzinger man and a Huntzinger woman - the women can't do anything spur-of-the-moment, it all has to be totally planned out in advance and everything perfectly packed and much yelling at all the kids to get ready for the trip.

    ReplyDelete