Friday, August 22, 2008

Knight in Shinning Armor

My husband's new job is going well I think. But what do I know, not much, especially when it comes to Linux and MySQL. This week he has been on call. He takes turns with the other guys he works with, so every four weeks, its his week to be on call 24 hours a day. This is his week, even though he is newbie, and is still trying to catch up on the learning curve. Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning, my husband got a call, after an hour and half of sleep. After working all night/early morning, he showered and decided to go into the office at 5 am instead of working in the basement. He left around 2ish that afternoon I think, because he needed sleep. Last night he got another call, luckily it came in around 6ish I think, he left to go into work before 7 am. (Luckily he lives 15 minutes away from his office.) It makes me feel like he is a knight in shinning armor. When I wake up at 8:30 because my son didn't wake up at 7 to see his dad before work, I feel completely indebted to my husband, for the fact I don't work. Nor do we need a second paycheck. I can't comprehend my husband's will power to provide for our family, but boy am I glad he has it. It makes me very grateful I get to stay at home with our kids, which then just makes me feel more indebted to my husband, because back when I had just barely graduated and felt like I was wasting the day at home "doing nothing" my husband was the one that assured me home with my child was really where I wanted to be. Boy was he right, I'm glad he had the foresight to be patient with me until I realized that. I don't know how he does it, working 40+ hours a week, but I am grateful.