Friday, August 22, 2008

Comissioned Works.

My cousin isn't the only who is commissioned to create things. My aunt asked me to make her some nursing cover ups. My husband thinks they should be called booby blockers. Here is the first that I made.




Made 4 in all for her. I used this site as a pattern for hooters hiders, sort of, I don't know what type of boning she used I used the only stuff I could find. By the way, I though 18" of boning was too much, I think I finally used 12-15" by the end.
I think this is the end of my crafting for money. As other people before me have figured out, hobbies aren't as fun when you aren't doing it for fun. Although my husband loves when I sell stuff for whatever reason. These weren't too bad, the worst was when I sold a clock, ahh! I hated the looming deadline over me, even though my aunt didn't give me a deadline, I still felt a looming deadline.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's funny when Becky tells me those things help a woman be so discreet that no one even knows what's going on... as if nursing or non-nursing women everywhere just suddenly drape blankets across their chests for no reason throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so cute, I will definitely need one when the next child comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike I think the point is to not flash people. Obviously when a women is cover up with a blanket she is nursing, but that way she isn't flashing anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love mine. and i call it a hooter hider haha i wish i knew you made them! i would have bought one from you

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband prefers the term, "fun bag". the options are limitless. ;)

    ReplyDelete