Thursday, August 21, 2008

Garage Selling

Saturday we went garage selling and spent a $150. I got another sewing machine. I love old Berninas. It was $65, I'm sure it needs probably at least $70 worth of work, it probably hasn't been touch in years. We got this at an Estate Sale that's why it was so much. And an old abacus for $8, my husband wanted it, I thought it was expensive.
We got this couch for $40. And a nightstand for a guestroom for $3. We don't have a bed, but I do have a nightstand from the 50s. Now we can watch movies on our 22 inch flat screen monitor again, instead of our laptop.
We also bought way too much for my son. A bike for $5, a slide for $5. Some over priced puzzles which I shouldn't have bought I didn't look carefully and they were dirty. I can't believe it, this house is at least twice the size of our last apartment, and it is already filled up. We can't buy anymore stuff, because we won't fit in our house. Although we still need a dishwasher, another desk, another computer (so my husband can work from home), a BBQ grill, and another bed for our guest room. How can we need so much stuff, and already have our house filled? I wanted an IKEA chair downstairs, one for me, and a kid's one for Jobo, but I don't think we have room, it will have to wait until the next house. I have this fear that in the next 5 years we'll have to downgrade, and won't be able to fit. Oh and I need about 2 dressers for all the sewing and other craft stuff I have. I need to downsize on all of that too!

3 comments:

  1. It really is amazing how quickly a larger house fills up. It makes me wonder how in the WORLD we were fitting into our old place. I really have no idea. With exception of the living room furniture and the guest bed, we have no new furniture, and we're still getting pretty packed in here... and we don't even have kids yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair reminds me of the chair you guys had in your house when we were kids in NH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz its because its the same model chair. My parents bought it at IKEA decades ago. Now Ben has that one, and my parents have a suede one.

    ReplyDelete