Monday, August 11, 2008

For Now

This is my son's room for now. I am in the process of making curtains so he doesn't break the blinds, because he is well on his way, as he looks outside at the diggers and trucks in our backyard.
From the first night we moved in my son wanted to sleep in a big boy bed. I'm probably jinxing it but, we have not had any problems. He goes down for naps and bed, with no problem, he never gets out once we finish books. He hasn't gotten up and wandered around in the middle of the night, (which is what I was afraid of, he does that at other people's house when we stay over, it makes for long nights.) He in fact never gets out of bed, until we come in his room, he just stays in his room sucking his thumb with his blanket. Once we open the door he throws his blanket on the pillow and doesn't touch it until after book read the next time. He is being such a champ. This is how I find him most mornings, minus the blinds pulled up.
Here is his dresser. Those roosters my sister sent us for our new house. They are what inspired me to keep the stuff I already have not worry about totally have everything matching.
Especially since all the sheets I have for his bed, are either white or red, or a mixture of both. The bookcase is new. It was our first furniture purchase for the new house. I love that all the wood is the same color in the room.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I'm jealous. Mix matched wood is one of my pet peeves. I don't think I have two pieces of furniture in any room that match, plus our doors are a completely different color of wood than anything I would ever buy. I'm also jealous of the kid who stays in his bed. If mine gets a nap during the day she gets out at least 7 times before she finally falls asleep, but she has to have naps or she becomes a major pill by evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he even gets his own picture of the temple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the wood isn't quite all the same color, but it is close enough it makes me happy. I love my son's addiction to his blanket. And the fact we forced him to wean to his blanket except at naps probably 6 months ago.

    ReplyDelete