Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can't Remember

My daughter will be three years old and eight months old, or she will be four months shy of four years old, when her baby brother is born.
You know what this means?
It means, I have no idea what it will be like to have a baby.  I know I've had two, I vaguely remember them as babies.  But overall I have no idea what you do with a baby.  People ask me all the time are you ready?  I wonder what they mean?  Am I ready to get this baby out of me, almost I'm terribly uncomfortable.  Am I ready to have another baby?  I don't know, I can't remember what it means to have a baby.  I know we'll pick it up instantly, but overall I can't remember babies.  Its like this pregnancy, I knew pregnancy was miserable, but everything was oh yeah, I forgot this happened.  People ask me if I have baby clothes, yes, but how do I know if they are what I need. I can't remember what babies actually wear.
Ever since I got pregnant I have watched people with babies thinking hmm, that's what you do.  Then again it doesn't help that I spent the previous two years completely ignoring babies.
I figure babies are like riding a bike, so I'm not concerned, I just never know what to say when people ask about me being ready.  We aren't treating this like a first baby, first babies you want to be completely prepared, this baby, we're like ehh, we'll figure it out, there something somewhere in this house for him.  We have the carseat and some clothes what else do you need right? Plus soon we are getting a car so we can drive all our kids at the same time. We'll be super prepared after that. Especially because we still have a dozen or so burp clothes; we have very spitty babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment