Monday, April 2, 2012

Plunge

We took the plunge, I bought my daughter a barbie.  All her friends have them and she dearly loves her friend's snow white barbie.  So I bought her one, except the ballerina snow white.  So it doesn't exactly look like snow white but she knew exactly who it was suppose to be.  I like the ballerina barbies, because their leotards are painted on their bodies.  Sure they are hardly modest, but at least I won't have naked barbies in our toy chest.  Then a few days later, we were at a consignment store, and found three more barbie ballerinas for sale, their hair was still normal looking, and they only cost $4.50 for all three.  I thought it was a steal so I bought them.  We now have Ariel Ballerina (she also love little mermaid, even if she doesn't care for the movie), a butterfly Ballerina missing her tutu, and a generic pink Ballerina barbie. My daughter is only three and has four barbies, she is already surpassed the entire amount of barbies I ever owned.  I don't know, I don't particularly love barbies, but I also see no need to ban them and turn them into the forbidden fruit, so now we have them.  She love, love, loves to play with them, and they are never naked!

2 comments:

  1. I support this. I played with barbies all the time when I was a kid. I don't see why people get so freaked out by them. It's a barbie, not drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol to LIZ!
    and yes, I love those barbies too! they always seem well priced compared to the glamorous ones. I never liked playing with Barbies but my girls do so I think it's harmless.

    ReplyDelete