Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Idaho in the Blood

I'm pretty sure I have Idaho in my blood.  Sure I've never lived there, and I wasn't born there, and I didn't want to go to college there but that's beside the point.  Everyone I've ever visited in Idaho and people I know who were raised there seem to have a great desire to feed me mass qualities of food.  I share that trait with them.  It annoys me when people do not let me feed them, hence the "I find it fundamentally strange that you're not a dessert person.  That's just weird and it freaks me out." This all being said, I know Brent will always eat one of my sugar cookies, and as long as he eats lunch before 2 pm, he will eat anything for dinner.  I also know J will always eat one of my chocolate chip cookies or ice cream.  I don't have to feed people dessert, I will feed them meals too.  I'm always pleased when a friend allows me to feed her and her children for lunch or dinner.  I have a bizarre need to feed the people important to me, I blame this on Idaho in my blood.  I really do become a offend when someone will not eat anything I make.  A girl that use to visit teach me, during the height of my baking hobby, would not eat anything, cookie, cupcake, anything else I baked nothing.  It annoyed me to know end, she should have at least tried one once, or at least taken something home to her husband!  I complained to my mother one day, that people do not let me feed them, she said yes, its because everyone is on a diet.  Lay off the diet soda, the fat free dressing, and eat a dang cupcake once a month, you'll be healthier in the long run.  You do know that fat free dressing is FULL of sugar.
Anyway, I'm not sure if this is an Idaho trait or an old fashion trait, considering I know no one from Idaho that is younger than 50.  But just so you know if you turn down food from me more than three times, I will be offended and assume you don't like me.  The more you let me feed you the more I will love you.  (By the way you don't have to eat large portion, my husband eats very small "healthy" portions, and he is my favorite.)

No comments:

Post a Comment