Thursday, January 12, 2012

School District


First off, I think we have a great house so don't think I'm being ungrateful.  But we could have bought a better house, somewhere else in the area, or we could have bought a cheaper house, that was just as nice as ours in our metropolitan area.  But I wanted to move to this school district.  To provide my house price and property taxes are not in vain.  Here is what I recently read about our district for 2011.
 *Our CSAP (state standardized test) scores for the state were  in the top six!  
 *Our district is the only one in  Colorado to be honored by the  College Board with placement on the  Advanced Placement (AP)  Achievement List.  Only the top 2% of school districts in the country receive this award. This is our second year to be honored. 
 *Our district has four schools that received the John Irwin Schools of  Excellence Award for high academic achievement and growth. 
That being said I only have a kindergarten so none of that effects us right now.  But you know me I love where we live, I would be happy if I stayed here for the rest of my life.
If I'm good at budgeting, and willing to vacation to South America there is a good chance my husband will let me stay here for our whole life.
Our school districts are independent, from what I've seen in my short life, large unified school districts are not where I want to be.  Small independent is where it is at.  There are quite a few good districts in our area, but I like ours the best that is why I picked.  Although I don't think people really have to be in the best to succeed, but my son is so precocious I felt it was necessary to pick this district.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that small independent school districts are the best!

    ReplyDelete