Saturday, January 7, 2012

Great Post

A friend of mine posted this link on Facebook,

2011 Lesson #2 : Don’t Carpe Diem

its from momastery.com
I loved the post and wanted to share it.
I understand why people are nostalgic about when their kids were little, I mean my kids aren't even that old and I get nostalgic about about little baby chicken legs, or oneses, or past halloween costumes, but I really can't stand some of the "well meaning comments" people give.  I can't stand being in church, when women who have no small children, and their adult children have not provided grandchildren yet, say things like oh you will miss everything.  Really everything, even the sticky hands, vomit, and being woken up at night.  Yes, everything, you will miss it all, sticky hands and all.  I was in a Church meeting exactly like that, with my mom.  Afterward I said seriously mom, these women miss everything, sticky hands and everything?  She said no, Lesli they don't miss everything, they don't have grandchildren, no body misses everything.  
I appreciated the post.  Sometimes its nice to have permission to hate the miserable parties. I honestly don't often the day to day, everyday with very small children, the crumbs, the wet panties, the shopping with small kids but I do love all the memories, because human memory is so perfect in its imperfection of omitting the misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment