Monday, October 3, 2011

Mansfield Park

Mansfield ParkMansfield Park by Jane Austen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really did not enjoy the beginning of this book.  I only read it for the love of Jane, but slowly and unsurely  I continued.  It turns out once the play was over I really started to love the plot.  I waited with baited breath to figure out what Fanny would do, and watched excitedly as her relationship with her family members grew.  Although many will probably disagree with me, I'm not sure if I liked the ending though, part of me wished that the book was an example that people really can change.  But I guess the book was an example of parenting gone awry. I enjoyed this book and shocked to find myself really liking Fanny Price, even if she is a very different main character than Austen's more famous novel heroines.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment