Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Emerging Literacy

My sister has a PhD in educational psychology, so now I know fancy phrases like emerging literacy that I would never know otherwise.
I'm so proud of my daughter's latest emerging literacy step. She is "reading" her favorite books.  Well she has been "reading" since she was a baby.  But now she will retell the story to me in her own words, trying to use the phrases of the author.  This morning she "read" me The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Tonight she read Monkey and Me along side me.
I re-found Monkey and Me in the bookcase today, and knew it would be perfect for her, she loves to play with her sock puppet.  Moral of the story (I mean the blog post) I'm really am proud of her latest step of "reading" the authors' words.

No comments:

Post a Comment