Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blitz

I have an on going goal to read the conference edition of the Ensign before next conference. Unfortunately I am not a full Ensign reader. I usually get the April one read before Fall conference, but I guess with Thanksgiving, Christmas and everything, I usually fail to get the October one read. I'm going for a blitz in the next two weeks. I'm going to try and finish it-- read about 90% of it in the next week and half. Hopefully I don't fall to the temptations of easy media.
Like I said I'm not very far but I want to remember this quote:
In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives.
Elder L. Tom Perry - Let Him Do It with Simplicity
I have a huge goal of trying to get my house in order so we are prepared for my husband to start his MBA. Everything just feel to pieces during my pregnancy with a move, and its a huge mess. We have started to get some order, but we have a long way to go. Basically we just have to simplify, unfortunately its not always simple to simplify, to figure out what is needed and what is just fluff.

The real problem with this goal, is once I start reading the talks, I feel inspired to do other things. I start reading and I think, oh I should look this topic up, or I should call this person, or write that person, and write this thought down. It takes much longer than anticipate just to read one or two talks a day, but its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment