Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thumb Sucking

Remember all the drama of deciding whether to listen to the dentist or not about fighting with my daughter about sucking her thumb?
Well so I decided to switch dentists at the practice we went to. We went today.  We talked about cross-bites, and her sucking her thumb, and why she has a cross bite from sucking her thumb.  Then the dentist said we normally don't worry about cross bites until they are 7 or 8.  That was it end of story.  No ridiculous, try to get your three year old to stop sucking her thumb even though you are having a baby in a month saga.  It was great, I'm so glad I switched.
I was also really proud of my hyper sensitive daughter, she let them clean her teeth!  Wahoo.

2 comments:

  1. I would recommend a product called Thumbuddy To Love to help children stop thumb sucking. You can google it or get it on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try using a Thumbsie which is custom made for children to help them to stop thumb sucking. These fun and comfortable thumb guards are suitable for children age 3 -12 years who need some help. There are lots of materials to choose from and 5 different sizes. www.thumbsie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete