Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another Story

In January, I told my husband one year, and that is it.  I can only handle one more year in this apartment.  We toyed around with the idea of long we could stay in our apartment after he finished school, how much money we could save in the apartment without tuition due. I had decided one year.  Six months until school was out and six months of saving, at the most.  That would mean in July we could sign a 6 month lease.  I told him, come summer I am meeting with a new realtor.  I said I don't care if we buy a house, but nothing changes if nothing changes and so we have to go look at house before we can decided if we should buy or rent a house. The only way I know to make that decision is to go look at what we can buy.  Because at this point after school is over, and tuition payments are over, living in this state, there is no reason to live in apartment with two kids based on the cost of housing and our income. Or even a rent a townhouse, I don't care, but I'm not staying in this apartment for more than a year. Then two months later we bought a house out of state.
Go figure. When I made the ultimatum, I didn't expect to move out of state.
But I'm not sure we would have found the opportunity to move if we wasn't ready for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment