Sunday, November 29, 2009

Primary Lesson

My primary lesson was on not taking the Lord's name in vain. It started off with "an enrichment activity" involving a pretend baby (doll) and teaching the importance of names. I ditched that and looked up all their names and printed out the meanings to share with them. They all found it very exciting to hear their meanings. While I was at it, I looked up mine. I knew it would say "from the grey fortress" or "from the grey forest". Except I was wrong! For whatever reason this is what it told me:

The meaning of the name Leslie is Joy

The origin of the name Leslie is English

Speaking of joy I was overjoyed to be have a real meaning. Although now I don't match with my husband, who is "from the hill". Overall I'm totally lost on how magically Babynames.com changed the meaning of my name. Every source I've ever looked at, which is a lot, has never told me joy before.

No comments:

Post a Comment