Friday, September 4, 2009

mini eee pc and nappy d

Last night as I was falling asleep, I wrote this great post in my head. At least I thought it was great, but it was late, so it was probably completely incoherent to everyone except for me.
My mom has a mini Eee PC that I am totally loving it. It is great to be able to blog with, check blogs, email, take Pinecone surveys, basically the only stuff I do online, and be able to follow my children around. Since its mini, I don't have to worry about finding a large flat spot to put it when we move locations around the house. Quite a few family members have iPod touches, but the problem is I'm not much of an internet surfer without being able to typing, since I mostly blog, email and check blogs. It would be great for those days that I spend 4+ hours outside our apartment, since the battery lasts around 4 hours. Not to mention I could hold the mini computer, my daughter and the scooter, while I walk up and down our half of flight of stairs. Normally I can't get all three with the full size laptop. When I think of the Mini Laptop, I think of one of my husband's and I's theme songs.
Yes, I love technology
But not as much as you, you see
Always and forever
Yes, that is from Napoleon Dynamite. I was dating Brent when I first saw Nappy D, it was in the theater and I remember walking out thinking I can't believe I just wasted 2 hours of my life. Then we got a copy of the movie a few weeks later. I thought it was so hysterical. During our engagement we were on a quest-- to show Nappy D to everyone who had never seen it before, or who had only seen it once and didn't think it was funny the first time. Yes, I think I averaged watching it once a week while I was engaged. I probably still have most of the movie memorized.
And with that you can dream of all the fun I've had with my mom...

1 comment:

  1. I love them too, those little netbooks. But your husband hasn't been very encouraging when I talk of them. I am getting one as soon as I get a job...an then I will get a car, a house, my teeth cleaned, go to the doctors, a new pair of skis, and some new clothes. But first and fore most a netbook!!!

    ReplyDelete