Monday, April 11, 2016

Thoughts on moving

When I tell a good friend I'm moving they give me a sad look.
Often times I can tell they are trying to fake excitement, but can't muster it.
I often times say you don't have to pretend to be happy I know friends moving away sucks.
They then usually response yeah, I'm trying to be happy for you but I can't yet.

Other times people ask me if I'm excited? I tell them it depends on the day.
I haven't been very excited, I'm sad to be leaving friends. Plus I love here and the mountains. I have a good life here.

Yesterday a friend from church said you will be missed here by many. Without thinking I said, I hope so. Then we laughed.

I realized it was good that I'm not aways thrilled to be moving and people give me sad looks when I tell them. I don't want to be the person that everyone is relieved is leaving and happy to yell good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment