Sunday, August 23, 2015

profit and learning

The topic of the talks in church was scripture study. One of the speakers quoted, 1 Nephi 19:23.
for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning
He said as a small business owner, I might think of profit differently then you do. When I hear profit I think how much money are you making at the end of the day after all the work you've put in. When you think about scripture study that way, its different.
At the end of the day, tell you spouse, if you made a profit in your study, if you broke even or lost the time you put in to it.

I thought that was such an interesting though I haven't thought about before. Sometimes scripture study is a check on a list, but nothing really is gained other than obedience, other times its not a loss but not a lot is gained for various reasons, but other times it is truly a profit. I should try better to make my gospel study more of a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment