Monday, June 29, 2015

The other thing

Once again postdated if you are reading this on a RSS feeder. If not you might not see it. 


The other thing that finally makes sense after going to see a doctor is my low blood pressure. Once again this shows our obsession with numbers and not looking at overall. Most of the time when I get my blood pressure measured the medical personal says wow, is it always this amazing? Some times I get no response at all, and once or twice I've had the nurse be very concerned with how low it is.
I told the dr or nurse maybe both that I often get light headed when I stand. So they took my lying down and then standing. So I guess I have postural hypotension.

I'm suppose to consume more water and salt. Most days I think it would be nearly impossible for me to drink MORE water. I already consume so much, but I have upped my salt intake. Its weird being raised in the 80s and 90s everyone was taught margarine and salt were the devil and it will kill you. My mother bought low-sodium EVERYTHING, I honestly don't have much of a taste for salt. Occasionally Brent will asked me if I salted the food (at dinnertime), oops I forgot again. I can eat a meal with no salt added at all. I don't even think anything of it. Until I found this out, I never salted my eggs. I eat eggs probably half the mornings for breakfast but until two months ago I never salted them. Because salt is bad right? Apparently you do need some salt in your diet.

Postscript dated 8/12/15
The other day my husband and I were out. I almost passed out in public. I never done that except when I'm pregnant. Yeah, I feel like I'm going to pass out all the time at home, but never in public. All of a sudden it made the low blood pressure seem really real.

No comments:

Post a Comment