Friday, May 25, 2012

Normal Conversations

Last night my husband and I were having a seemingly normal conversation about a fairly common topic.  Then near the end I just wanted to smile.  He said a seemingly normal opinion, and yet I was reminded of the charity and humanity he possesses, and I was glad he was my husband. I think he has a great capacity for charity, much more than the average person, he denies knowing what I'm talking about, and said he has no charity for anyone. He says he is very self interested, but to me he reminds me of Jacob in Chapter 2, when it says,
Now, my beloved brethren, I, Jacob, according to the responsibility which I am under to God, to magnify mine office with soberness, and that I might  rid my garments of your sins, I come up into the temple this day that I might declare unto you the word of God.
My husband would say he only serves others, to rid his garments of sin, but as his wife I see him possessing great charity for those he serves.
3 And ye yourselves know that I have hitherto been diligent in the office of my calling; but I this day am weighed down with much more desire and anxiety for the welfare of your souls...
  And for the sake of my husband's pride, I will end the post now, with no further explanation, and the post a more light hearted post in hopes it distracts viewers from this one.  I have no journal for myself at this point, so right now the blog in slightly vague terms has to serve. The moral of the story is I'm sure you can guess who I'm madly in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment