Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The end

I taught the last lesson for Joy School today.  We are cutting off the last two weeks, the girls are done, as are we mothers.  I was relieved when it was over.  I think it should be bittersweet, but I don't know if it is.  My daughter is only three, but yet she and I are not continuing this curriculum next year.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to do a full year of mom co-op preschool with my daughter, something I was not afford with my son.  We still have graduation, and then we are done!
After a month or two of completely confusion on what course to take with my daughter next year.  I think I've decided, and my husband seems to agree, he at least doesn't disagree.  Its been a rough decision, an emotional decision, and a tough choice, but I think I've made the best choice for my daughter, even if its not the choice I want.  For months, when I wondered what to do with my daughter next year, I felt a complete void, nothing seemed bad, but nothing seemed anything. I was thinking everywhere from paid preschool, to a year at home with baby brother, just doing playgroups and story time, but everything seemed blank. I had no idea what plans to make.  I figured oh well, I'm having a baby in August how could I make plans now. Then something I wasn't expecting came through, and I knew it was what my daughter needed.  At the same time its not what I wanted, but I guess that is what it means to be a mother.  I'm not doing what I want, I'm doing what she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment