Friday, February 13, 2009

Will this make me sound crazy?

The Case Against the Fed The Case Against the Fed by Murray N. Rothbard
I'm sure this was a very informative, but it was also extremely dry. Even though I haven't read something this boring, since my Palestinian Hamas textbook in my senior polsci research class, I was going to prove I could finish it. I didn't finish it since I have a newborn, and Kim wanted to pick it up. (Although I'm not blaming my failure on Kim.) I didn't start reading it until it had been in my house for about a month. I read 3/4 of it in about a week before I ran out of time. It seemed to contradict the DVD The Money Masters on some points. I wonder which one has more facts straight, or if they are both sort of right in their interpretations. Maybe they weren't in contradiction on some points, I just was reading the book wrong, or maybe its been too long since I watched the movie. If I was going to suggest one, I would suggest the documentary, The Money Masters it was better at adding drama. The Fed is a scary organization so I would think it would be easy to add drama to written piece as well. Maybe I'm sounding stupid and naive by writing all this, but the book was one of the driest text books I have ever read. Although it was informative.
Like I said I would suggest The Money Masters if anyone cares to know more about the Fed, and isn't related to my husband, and already looked into matters. If you want to watch it, you can click on two dozen or so videos on YouTube to watch it, or just click once for three hours on google video. My husband and I listen to it in the car on a vacation, the visual part of the movie isn't that exciting, since its a documentary. So we uploaded the video to our mp3 player for the car, my husband couldn't watch because he was driving, and for whatever reason it made me nausea to actually look at the screen. To finish off, if you want to know the origin of Central Banking, its an interesting watch, if you are in the mood for a documentary that is about a decade old. But it is still just as relevant, anything more so, with the current recession.

No comments:

Post a Comment