Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Holidays

As I have already mentioned I have way too much holiday material in my house. So I used some of material to make a fall/thanksgiving apron, and a Christmas apron. The first is thanksgiving if you couldn't tell.
My favorite part, the jack o lantern on the back of the neck. It was no accident.
The Christmas one.
The material was rather dark and busy and needed something to break it up, so I used the lace I had bought but decided not to use for something else. I love the way it turned out, maybe its a little grandmaish, but I think it adds to the retroness of the print. Plus it reminds me of a scalloped design on a cookie, or frosting trim on a gingerbread house.
I've been wanting to make a birthday apron for months now, but haven't been able to find any good material for it. I saw one at a store for a large lump sum and thought it was a cute idea. I thought my small children would think it was fun if their mom had a special birthday apron for their birthdays. I know that sounds cheesy but none the less, I decided to jump on board. So now I'm well on my way to having an every holiday apron. I now need to go get some clearanced Halloween material so I can be ready for next year.

4 comments:

  1. I know you do a lot of projects, but when did you learn to sew?? Why did you never teach me to sew? Where do you find that fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom taught me when I was little, sometime during late elementary school age. I sewed occasionally in high school, or laurel projects, or niece/nephew presents, but I probably didn't talk about it at the lunch table. I buy fabric at JoAnns, when its on sale, or with a coupon. Its the cheapest I can find as far as price goes other than walmart, but walmart has ugly cheap quality material usually. I could ask you why you never taught me to crochet, since I know you know how to make afghans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know how to crochet, but I didn't finish my first project until my first year at BYU. That was LONG after the lunch table days. I also know how to cross-stitch, but I haven't done it in years... possibly decades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate cross-stitching, I haven't done in more than a decade. But I do embroider.

    ReplyDelete