Thursday, June 23, 2016

Perspective

As a teenager I found it doubtful when people said they could open their scriptures and read the exact verse they needed to hear. It has definitely been true for me these past few months. I'll be overwhelmed and the next conference talk in my queue will answer what I'm struggling with. Today I opened gospel library. And this was where I was:
1 Nephi 17
3 And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.
4 And we did sojourn for the space of many years, yea, even eight years in the wilderness.

I'm not in 1 Nephi 17, nor is family study. I'm not sure why it was there.

This Saturday we'll have been here for a month. Still no contract. I never expected being here let alone a month without having an end date but I guess its not 8 years. That puts it in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment