Monday, June 20, 2016

Be comforted

Today knowing there was literally no house on the market I wanted to buy I was lost in wondering what we should do. My brain was very foggy from my head cold and so I was a lost sheep today.
They only part of the morning I felt at peace was when I took my kids swimming. Nothing like enjoying the simplicity of motherhood to bring peace.

Tonight I was reading President Erying's address from October 2015 Priesthood Session, titled You Are Not Alone In the Work. He tells the story of his great grandfather Henry Erying's mission service:
Henry wrote in his journal, “Having had dreams before which were literally fulfilled I had faith to believe, that this also would be and consequently commenced at once to prepare for a start.”
(A few paragraphs later it says:)
Henry described his joy, saying, “Thus my dream was literally fulfilled.”
His joy came from a confirmation that the Lord had been working with and watching over him. He learned what is true for all of us—that the Lord’s servants are inspired to know the Lord’s will."

Even though I started the talk earlier I finished the talk once Brent and I were in bed and I shared the story with him. I then said, I guess that is why this move hasn't been hard. Well hard but not impossible. (He knew what I meant.) People ask where we are looking for houses and then they ask why there, I have no answer other than that is where the Lord directed us. To some I'm sure this move is crazy, buts its normal to me because this is not the first time we've done something like this. I have complete faith the Lord will tell us where He wants us because He has always has in the past. Ever since I picked my college the Lord's told me where he wants me after I've studied it out in my mind.

After I finished the story to Brent I opened up our Book of Mormon reading. We were on Alma 17:10
And it came to pass that the Lord did visit them with his Spirit, and said unto them: Be comforted. And they were comforted.

Tonight was a tender mercy. I've spent the last 24 hours wandering in spiritual darkness so I'm grateful for renewed faith. (I know 24 hours is a fly speck of time to wander in spiritual darkness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment