Monday, June 20, 2016

A miracle

I was suppose to post this on the 17th.
A miracle happened today. I went to pay my last energy bill from my old house and realized it was overdue. Opps! I asked my mom if the mail was already picked up? yes, yes to everywhere. I would have had to drive across town to get it out today. I decided one more day wouldn't hurt, too much, hopefully. A few minutes later I was supervising my oldest and my nephew swimming, when I noticed the mail truck drive by the other side of the fence. I quickly ran inside and grabbed my bill. The mail truck had stopped in front of my parents house, I asked her if she could take my bill. She said yes, took it and then drove off. She didn't even deliver mail on my parents street!

I needed that miracle. The confirmation that the Lord is watching over me and is aware of everything. What's the scripture? Aware of the sparrow in the tree, how much more than you?

Google came up with Luke 12:
6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
 7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
But I'm not sure that's it.

Maybe Doctrine and Covenants 84:
82 For, consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world, in all their glory, are not arrayed like one of these.
 83 For your Father, who is in heaven,knoweth that you have need of all these things.
 84 Therefore, let the morrow takethought for the things of itself.
 85 Neither take ye thought beforehandwhat ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man.

No comments:

Post a Comment