Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Its beginning to look like Christmas

Feeling the downsize of an apartment from a house, I didn't set up much Christmas this year. I didn't feel like I had the room to do much more, and keep my sanity.
But finally my Christmas Quilt was ready to be hung up. Our stocking advent didn't seem to fit anywhere other than this wall. I love those little stockings!
We are back to our three foot tall mini Christmas tree hand me down from my grandma. Its a little homely, ie lopsided, but I think that is why my husband likes it. Only a portion of our ornaments fit, and even with a portion there is way too many. It started to fall over as my three and half year old stacked the front, so it is fully loaded in the back for balance too. With my tree nativity on the wall in the back, and a vintage Santa behind the tree. I love tree that are just chalked full of mismatched ornaments that all have a story to tell. I can tell you the origin and story behind every ornament we own. (I guess I should have posted the tree lit up, since the star is all lit up too.)
Our stockings are hung over the bookcase with care.
The small portion of decorations I put up that fit on my one flat space. Trees, nutcrackers, nativities, and a snowwoman.
The only other decorations I pulled out this year. I am oh so excited about my mistletoe ball. I have been looking for fake mistletoe to hang up ever since my husband and I got married, and this year while I was out with some sister in laws at a store I didn't even plan on going to, I found it!
That is it this year. But I love the little bit I did do so I had to take pictures. Then google reader was empty so I had to post them.

4 comments:

  1. Is this MY post??!! As I read this, I just kept thinking, "me too, me too", about the story behind each ornament, I can tell you what each one means, except for the few random things my husband has picked out (hawaian shirt anyone?). And, the mistletoe hanging, I SO want mistletoe, it just LOOKS romantic! And the lack of flat spaces, I set out a few decorations, only to put them away about 30 mins later after something go broken, so I only have a couple things out that are high up.

    The past few years, the Springville years, we only had a dinky little tree, I think 3 1/2 or maybe 4 feet high, we set it on a kids sized card table and put presents under the table! In a way, I kinda miss the tiny tree, it made the present pile seem HUGE, but this year we have a large tree, and it is nice to be able to put all the ornaments out. Do enjoy your little tree though, they are charming! We will save ours for the basement in upcoming years (the years when we don't have tiny hands touching everything, that may be never.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your crafting ability. I still think about all those pillows you and your mom stitched with envy. I wish I had some sort of clue as how to do anything close to that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I came to your blog, I read a few notes and thought, you must be really lucky.
    And I'm really surprised with the way how you prepare to Christmas. It's all made with love and happiness.. Don't know if I ever will be able to do it in such a great way.
    Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's marie-alexandre one more time :) I don't know what happened to my blog and I had to create another... That's my new account and I will be writing from it... I hope I will not forget to visit your blog again. And again. And so on.

    ReplyDelete