Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of the Year

I just wanted to point out that I read 26 books this year. Pretty good I think. I'm not going to list them here, but I just wanted to record that for my history. More than I have read most years, but I have no idea what the high is. I might have read more in 2007, but probably not because I didn't start until May, since I hadn't graduated until then. I wish I would have read more, just because there is books that I have waiting to be read, but I just didn't have time to read more. Maybe if I was a faster reader... (ha ha) But I just don't have more time than that. I have a house to clean, children to feed, children to diaper, etc... I didn't even have time for the books I did read.
Last of all, you could claim the caliber of books that I read wasn't that high. That maybe true, but I'm not ashamed. I didn't get a degree in Literature this year, and I also wasn't trying. I could say I wish I read more classics, but that isn't true, if I really wanted to I would have picked one up. I read for entertainment and fluff. My brain is racked to the max with caring for my family, beyond the Book of Mormon, I don't have the energy anything heavy. Which is why I read an embarrassing amount of Amish Christian Romance Novels this fall, with MBA classes, it was either that or crappy sitcoms with PG-13 jokes.
Anyway, these books in a way represent who I was this past year. They tell a story, of where I was in my life, and what I had to do. Even if its a story that you can't see.





Le Huntzinger's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

2 comments:

  1. Family is nice. It's nice to be on line and find this blog of yours. Keep doing your best. Visit everything about pictures belonging to Mr. Nurman learns to tickle your fancy. Thanks. Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with reading in the new year of 2010!!!
    Maybe we could read one at the same time and then compare notes...have any in mind?

    ReplyDelete