Monday, December 29, 2008

Homemade Presents

I always have dreams about taking the hand made only Christmas pledge, so I start early and plan ahead, I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org but I never make it. This my attempt for the gift exchange family, on my husband's side.
I ended up really loving this apron by the end, and wasn't sure she would like it. I made it back in November or October, but then by December she kept mentioning that I had never made her one, so I ended up making the perfect present.
Best part, I sewed so straight! and the pocket magically lined up with the other material.
Her daughter got a flower tutu. I had no idea what I was doing when I started out, I just had a picture in my mind. I was happy with the results.

P.S. The Pledge doesn't quite work for me anyway, because I'm a cheapskate so I don't buy handmade, I only make handmade, and the site is buy not make.

1 comment:

  1. Yep those were perfect presents for us, my daughter loves to wear her pretty flower tutu and twirl around in circles. I don't twirl with mine, but it fits perfectly. Danna

    ReplyDelete