Monday, February 4, 2013

Afternoon

I did it, I bit the bullet. I registered my daughter for afternoon pre-k. I was nervous about making the decision, I mentioned changing my first choice to afternoon. The teacher registering us, said I teach afternoon pre-k and the kids are better focused, etc etc. I said I'm worried she would be tired, and she said it is an adjustment, but within a few weeks they are fine. I'll add the same could be said for morning it's an adjustment too after the long summer.

Speaking of the preschooler, today she told me, she worries she won't be able to read when she gets big. I said, oh you will be able to, in what I hoped was a comforting voice. She said, but I worry! I said, I'll start teaching you this summer. She eagerly replied ok! Now my homework starts, I've never taught a child to read. I swear my oldest taught himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment