Friday, April 10, 2015

Four Kids

On FB I recently read this article, Did You Mean to Have All These Kids.
I loved the article after a conversation I recently had. I wasn't so thrilled with the conversation, I did not bring up the topic, and I won't go into detail, but the moral of the story the other person implied a lot of things about my four children that weren't exactly true.
So spoiler alert, I'm going to spoil that article and post the conclusion.
So I suggest we stop saying these things to the woman whose arms are full of children for the sake of the woman whose arms are not. Because the answer to “Don’t you know what causes that?” is not a what, but a Who. I don’t know why God gave me children effortlessly and withholds them from others who would make fantastic parents. But I know this: fertility is not a curse, it is a gift. It is a scandalous miracle.
I will also state that the conversation was not, "don't you know how to stop this?" But the conversation did imply that my children were so easy for me, and how lucky I was for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment