Saturday, September 6, 2014

No sign of it.

The other day on Pinterest I saw this. It was awesome, I completely agree.
Except I'm going stray from this sentiment, and say I think my husband is super awesome. Facebook is to share your life with the world, my blog is for my own personal record of life.

Since my blog is for me I wanted to write some of my thoughts of current life. I met my husband 11 years ago last month. I honestly wouldn't believe it could have been 11 years ago, if it was for the four children we have running around. I get sad when he leaves in the morning, I miss him while he is gone, he is my favorite person to spend time with. I know I need to leave from time to time to get a break from my children, but it is hard because I want to spend time with him and leave my children to Lord of The Flies in the basement. (Yes, I know this is where babysitters come in.)
You know how they say its easy to have a bad marriage, and hard to have a good one. I totally understand the quote, but at the point in my marriage it isn't hard to have a good one, we are both committed so after the past 9 and half years its not hard. We ignore ALL the small stuff and enjoy it all. Sure we still offend each other from time to time, but we suck up our pride and move on. We've done it so much its not hard anymore. Putting each other first is like breathing at this point, we honestly don't really even think about it we just do it. The other day I was feeling concerned about something, I didn't really want to bring it up, but I knew it would fester if I didn't. It offended him, I'm sorry it did, but I needed to say it. There are plenty of nit picky things that don't need to be said, that he doesn't say and I don't say. The key to a good marriage is being like a duck and letting it just roll off your back. This was different, I needed validation on a really serious issue. I knew it was a hard topic, and didn't really want to talk about it because of that, but I brought it up because I needed to share a piece of my heart. Like I said it offended him, we dropped the conversation, he brought it up later, we discussed how we both felt. I apologized for bring up a hard topic, he apologized for the actions that had happened that had offended me so deeply. He didn't mean to do anything wrong at all, didn't even realize it was happening. If I didn't have an amazing marriage I wouldn't have had the strength to discuss such a personal matter with him. If I didn't have an amazing husband I wouldn't have trusted him enough to tell him. But I do, so I did, and we were a lot closer afterward. We are on our 9th year of marriage, its been a really good year of marriage, its been a really hard year for our family and for life, but a good year of marriage. I think its because we done a lot of things in the past few years to increase our trust in one another. I think one of the hardest things you can do is make yourself vulnerable to your spouse, because that gives them power in shutting you down. I appreciate that my husband has spent the effort to make our marriage a safe place. I adore my husband and wish I could spend every minute with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment