Thursday, September 25, 2014

Boys

For many years I always thought I would have a son and two daughters. Instead I have three sons and one daughter. Never for the life of me did I ever think I would have three sons. Serious never, never as a child, a young adult, an adult, never ever did I think I would have three sons. 
I found out number 4 was a boy at 13 weeks. I didn't even know I had an ultrasound scheduled, it was clearly a boy before the technician told me. You know I already had two. I left the doctor's office and then stopped by my husband's work on the way home. I told him and showed him the ultrasound, then I kissed him good bye and drove off. I cried driving home, three boys?! 
It took me a while to come around to life, but now any time I spend time with my two baby boys, which is every day, I thank my lucky stars I have three boys. Three boys is wonderful. I have five brothers so I feel more comfortable around little boys than little girls. Three boys is really quite swell. Occasionally I morn that I'm not buying toddler girl clothes anymore, but mostly I've accepted it. I would much rather read books about trucks and diggers, play trains and make car noises than buy toddler girl clothes. 

A few weeks ago I met a mom in kindergarten who has three sons and no girls. She said well now you can give Nan a really big wedding. I tried to hide my skeptical expression, that is her number one complain about not having a daughter no wedding to plan? In fact I had thought about it before she mentioned it, I often thank my lucky stars I only have one wedding. I was thinking how hopefully Nan cares about her wedding, since I didn't care much about mine, who would plan it if neither of us care. 

Sometimes I wish I dressed my boys 18 months apart in matching clothes. I think it would be adorable, except I don't buy baby clothes. Thankfully almost all our clothes are handme down from some previously well dressed boys. By the time I have to buy them clothes it won't be adorable to be matching... 

No comments:

Post a Comment