Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter memories

Two or three weeks ago we roasting marshmallows on our new fire pit when a wild rabbit ran through our yard. I pointed it out to our kids as quick as possible since those things run as fast as possible. Nattie saw a glimpse of it, and then got a sparkle in her eye when she said, ohh, I know why it's here. I knew exactly what she was thinking so I asked why? She exclaimed EASTER! Then we discussed it as a family, we decided it was a scout to see which houses had kids and to see if those kids listened to their parents. It didn't have to stay long in our yard because it knew our kids had cleaned the basement that day or they wouldn't be roasting marshmallows. It was a fun time.
Now you're thinking, I'm brain washing my kids, but they came up with 90% of that story. I've always thought the easter bunny tradition was a little odd, and so when my oldest was three or four, I thought, we are skipping the easter bunny in this house. I never once mentioned it, but come Sunday morning after he got candy, he told us all about how the easter bunny blah blah blah, I couldn't dash his dreams. So the easter bunny comes to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment