Friday, September 27, 2013

Song

You know when you find a song that you are obsessed with and you are willing to listen to it over and over again.  For me right now, its this song. K'naan 70 Excuses, its so soothing, perfect rainy day song, which we've had lots of lately, thankfully.
 
Especially as I've been reminiscing about 10 years ago.  In high school I was pretty sure I could have done anything I chose, and I'm sure that's true.  And, even though I still have most of my life ahead of me, many things are narrowing, as I've spent the last 6 years as a stay at home mom, I'm not going to law school, I'm not going to be come a doctor (not that I ever wanted to). I'm never going to live in a big city.  Etc etc Sure there are plenty of stuff I could do if I wanted, but the period of my life where it might have appealed to me, has passed.  I have absolutely no interest in moving to DC and being poor with my husband, where 7 years ago I could see an appeal. My life is exactly what I've chosen, excuses are excuses, and you live the life you lead. Although my life is a little different than his song. He is singing about a lady who didn't choose love, at this point in my life, I'm pretty sure that is all I choosen.  Which isn't exactly true, but I do remember making the decision, am I going to choose Brent and love and give up on my dreams, or am I going to walk away from him and keep my plans.  I decided I would regret leaving him a lot more than giving up on my dreams.  I don't regret my decision at all.  Anyway, like I said, I'm just a tad obsessed with this song right now.  I also love the African drums in the end. K'naan is very talented.  (My family has been listening to him since the World Cup in 2010.)

No comments:

Post a Comment