Monday, August 5, 2013

Names

As you may know meaning of names is very important to me. So when my husband picked Durl for my third child's middle name I went with it. But I couldn't find the meaning for it, which slightly disappointed me. Yadda yadda yadda the other day I realized I should look up the traditional spelling-- Durrell. It means strong which is ironic since my husband picked the name from my great Uncle who at 70 still participated in Rodeos. And my son seems to be freakishly strong for a baby. Who knows how he'll be as he grows up, but in the womb he was by far my strongest baby. He was born 2 lbs bigger. And in general it has not been uncommon for strangers to interact with him and say wow he is strong for a baby. He has a freakishly strong grip, and has a tendency to hurt me when he is trying to play. 
But like I said who knows what he'll be like when he grows up. Then again he does have broad shoulders and red hair. 

On a side note like I said, I'm interested in name meaning. For years I thought my name was beyond lame because it means from the gray forest. Then I married a man who's name means from the hill. (He tells me his name was picked for its meaning.) My name finally found purpose next to my husband's name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment