Thursday, January 14, 2016

Needing to move on

The other day someone asked me about social outings for stay at home mothers. I said you know, I really don't know, I've been so busy with these little guys, and I've had postpartum depression on and off for the last year and half.
Her response, but isn't it important to get out of the house and talk with other people when you are depressed?
I honestly have no idea what my response was, but what I wanted to say was, yes, please tell me more. What else should I be doing?
Have a better diet, thanks, I've never heard that before.
Exercise more, thanks, another sage tip
Get more sleep, or are you going to say make sure I never sleep more than 8 hours.
We could go on and on and on if you would like.

Yes, this conversation has been so enlightening, I'm so glad we had it.

I didn't say any of those things, but I was caught off guard of the audacity of her to tell me what I should be doing to manage my depression. I don't mind, people saying, oh, I tried this, but I felt like her response was different.

That being said, I need to move on, I'm sure she meant no offense.

No comments:

Post a Comment