Saturday, May 2, 2015

Post Reading Program Reading

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls, #5.5; Heist Society, #2.5)Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story by Ally Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a very short read that I got for free on Amazon. I very much enjoyed it. If you like Gallagher Girls and Heist Society then I assure you will like it. It reminded me of how much I like the Heist Society books (much more than Gallagher Girls). Its a book about Macey McHenry and Hale running into each other in their high society life since they are both blue bloods. After reading this book, I wish there were more stories about Kat requisition Nazi stolen art. This book had nothing to do with Kat and Nazi art.

View all my reviews The Invention of Hugo CabretThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got this book for my 9 year old to read. After he finished he told me I should read it too. I didn't want to but the for the sake of looking like I care about the things he cares about, I read it. I loved it! I read it in a day which isn't that hard because 3/4 of it is pictures. I loved the story line and the characters. I enjoyed how the plot developed. I would totally recommend it.


View all my reviews

Jackpot: A Swindle MysteryJackpot: A Swindle Mystery by Gordon Korman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fun read, finishes off the series, I believe. I don't know what else to say, Book #4 was my favorite.


View all my reviews
Hideout (Swindle, #5)Hideout by Gordon Korman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book five in the Swindle series, Swindle comes back with vengeance. While I was reading this we went for a hike in the mountains, it definitely set the scene. I enjoyed the read.


View all my reviews

ShowoffShowoff by Gordon Korman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was my favorite of the series. I really enjoyed this one. I'm not sure why I enjoyed a book about two 13 year old boys trying to enter a dog show. But it was a fun read, I also liked the dog trainer.


View all my reviews


FramedFramed by Gordon Korman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is more of the same series. I'm still reading them so they aren't bad, but this book had a little more teenage angst than I usually prefer. As the title implies the main character gets framed. It did a have a cute ending.


View all my reviews


ZoobreakZoobreak by Gordon Korman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was a little too juvenile for me, but my 9 year old is getting a good kick out of me reading a series with him. This is book two and this is enough for me to be annoyed that the characters all think they are smarter than adults. I'm sure that is one of the reasons my 9 year old likes it. But the end of the book redeemed itself, when his mom asked him why he doesn't trust grownups, why does he treat them like the enemy. I was going to quit the series, but the end had a cliff hanger. (view spoiler)


View all my reviews


SwindleSwindle by Gordon Korman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a fun book about a bunch of 6 graders, but I'd hardly say I loved it. My 9 year old very much enjoyed reading it and is now continuing in the series. I love heist stories so I was hoping I would enjoy more than I did. I might read more books in the series to bond with my 9 year old. But then again, I might not make time. Definitely a kid a book.


View all my reviews




United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)United We Spy by Ally Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well this is the end of the series. I enjoyed the series more than I expected. I enjoyed this book. I don't know what else to say without including spoilers. It pretty much ended in a "and they all lived happily ever after" disney kind of way. Which was nice, and also makes sense because since the publisher was Disney Hyperion Books.


Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I very much enjoyed this book. As the cover would suggest the plot is much darker in this book then the others. For some reason I never fail to be surprised that books in a series reference each other. Really what she wrote in book 1, has to do with book 5?! She's had the whole series planned out?!



Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is series is getting good. I can't wait to read what happens next. The plot is getting a lot more involved and deep. I don't know what else to say without including spoilers. But I definitely didn't expect the lady with the eyes from Boston to be who it is.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment