Friday, April 12, 2013

Goal met

When we bought our house two years ago, made the goal to repaint the entire interior in two years. Everything NEEDED to be painted. Over conference weekend we painted the last two bathrooms! Hooray! Goal met. We painted them the same colors, mostly because it was so much easier that way.
Here is the basement/guest bathroom.

And here is the upstairs/kid's bathroom.

I hate this bathroom, it makes me want to cry. It has so much water damage.  If we didn't live in one of the driest climates in this country, the whole bathroom would have fallen into the kitchen a long time ago.  But repainting the walls makes me hate it just a little bit less.  We bought a house with the dumbest showers in town.

I can't believe we've been here for two years, mostly because we've never lived anywhere for two years. Plus two years is half of Nan's life. That is a long time! She doesn't ever remember moving. Have no fear, Brent does get restless being in this house for so long. He is always showing me real estate listings. Finally he showed me houses I was interested in so I told him to call up our friend who is a Realtor  but he didn't call him, he isn't ready to move. Thankfully, I'm not done with this house. We still need to paint the exterior and get new countertops. Oh and carpets. Plus I really really want to frame the bathroom mirrors. I'm thinking birthday present.
By the way I would have met my goal much sooner if I didn't get pregnant, I haven't painted anything in a year.





1 comment:

  1. Not that it matters, but I don't think you should frame your mirrors. Aesthetically it may make you happy but just think of all the dust that will collect there. I am forever battling toilet paper dust, I hate all the trim in my bathroom, I think bathrooms should, by federal law, be moulding free. And for the record, mold free too.

    ReplyDelete