Friday, March 4, 2016

Remembering Conference

All week this has been going on repeat in my head,
At the conclusion of his visit, he made a comment and asked a question that unsettled my convictions. He said, “Carlos, everything seems to be going well for you, your family, your career, and your service in the Church, but—” and then came the question, “if you continue to live as you are living, will the blessings promised in your patriarchal blessing be fulfilled?”
I had never thought about my patriarchal blessing in this way. I read it from time to time but never with the intent of looking toward the blessings promised in the future and evaluating how I was living in the present.
After his visit, I turned my attention to my patriarchal blessing, wondering, “If we continue to live as we are living, will the promised blessings be fulfilled?” After some pondering, I had the feeling that some changes were necessary, particularly in relation to my education and profession.
It was not a decision between what was right and wrong but between what was good and what was better, as Elder Dallin H. Oaks taught us when he said: “As we consider various choices, we should remember that it is not enough that something is good. Other choices are better, and still others are best” (“Good, Better, Best,”Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2007, 104–5).
...
The best paths in life are rarely the easiest. .... Are we willing to pay the price for our decisions? Are we prepared to leave our comfort zones to reach a better place? 
 ...
It is very likely that when we decide to take a certain path, the people we love will be affected, and some will even share with us the results of this choice. Ideally, they should be able to see what we see and share our same convictions. This is not always possible, but when it occurs, the journey is much easier.
from
OCTOBER 2014 :THE LORD HAS A PLAN FOR US!
The Lord Has a Plan for Us! By Elder Carlos A. Godoy Of the Seventy

No comments:

Post a Comment